My website Florida-Project.com has been growing by leaps and bounds since its creation back in 2008.
Since then, I’ve scanned and added hundreds of old and current Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando theme park guidemaps, dozens of vacation planning guides, and THOUSANDS of digital pictures. The website is my personal dedication to fellow theme park lovers and those who want to know more about the history of the parks and rides.
And recently, I began editing and adding video clips of rides and attractions. These clips include walking through line queues and recording first person P.O.V. on the rides themselves. This is just the beginning as exclusive video content of vintage and extinct parts of Disney and Universal will (hopefully) start being added in the next 3-4 months.
Here’s where I stand right now with the content: Read more…
It’s August, we’re only a few days away from the first NFL preseason game, and all around the metro Atlanta area and kids are getting ready for school.
For me, the entire month of July was gone in a flash. The month started with preparing to leave to spend a week in Detroit, Michigan (yeah, I’m crazy at times) only to have that trip canceled at the last minute for emergency repairs at home. That issue was finally solved and a week later we headed down for a planned two-week trip in central Florida. After coming back home, I then spent a week working like crazy adding new content and fixing an nagging issue with my Florida-Project.com website. Whew!
Last night and today I finally added more pictures to my online photo album hosted here at RellimZone.com.
This time around the photos are focused on recent Fourth of July trips up to Lake Burton in the mountains in the northeastern part of the state and some of the waterfalls in neighboring North Carolina.
First of all, my scanner is starting to make strange noises.
I’m fearing that this is an early sign that the end may be near for my cheap scanner. I only use it for my Florida Project website, but I’ve got lots of scanned material already out there and still a lot more material to scan and add to that website. I also have a lot (thousands, actually) of digital pictures to edit and add to the site, so for the time being I’ll be focusing more on the pictures and a little bit less on scanning. The photo pages are excellent when it comes to SEO and generating new traffic to that website.
My other big update is that I brought my Local, State & National website back to life and posted several articles out there.
After applying new SEO techniques and adding two new pages, I’ve already seen a slight increase in natural website traffic at my Intruder Prevention website (- UPDATE – I no longer own or maintain www.IntruderPrevention.com). I don’t do any paid advertising for any of my websites (at least for now), so all of my traffic is from people doing regular searches at the popular search websites and through word of mouth. And for IP, that natural traffic is on the rise.
The other day I picked up an excellent (and more importantly, updated) book on search engine optimization (SEO) that gave great examples of how to maximize the usage of key words and phrases without overdoing it, how to write better META descriptions and key words, and how to write more persuasive articles to lead to better conversion rate optimization (CRO).
Needless to say, once I went through the first two chapters and saw the example website that was successfully converted from a nothing website into one of the top websites in its category, I was inspired. I went straight to my Intruder Prevention website and spent the next two days working hard on the new SEO techniques.
- UPDATE – I no longer own or maintain www.IntruderPrevention.com
Okay, it’s time to move on to the next project in my quest to have a six-figure income through websites and affiliate marketing.
So far I’ve been researching ways to develop Internet traffic through natural ways such as Yahoo and Google search engines, blogging software, and direct links. My sites are slowly improving in traffic flow, but it’s going to take a while at this rate.
After updating my three WordPress websites, one of them today has been reporting back information at StatCounter.
That’s a bit of a relief. Now I know that something is working even though I know for a fact that my website has seen more traffic than what was reported and I still would like to know other critical pieces of information. This is a good start even though it still needs further investigation.
On my quest to get StatCounter working correctly, the best advice I could find was to make sure that my version of WordPress was in fact the most recent version. As you could probably guess, mine was not.
I initially built this website and my two other WordPress ones at the same time and used the same version of WordPress, which at that time was 2.6.3. I had received notices about upgrading to version 2.7 for a while now, but when looking at the documentation to do so it looked more complicated than it was. Rather than risking losing my websites during the upgrading process, I just didn’t upgrade.
To help get a true idea about the traffic patterns for my websites, the other day I registered with a website called StatCounter and added the code to five of my websites including this one.
I like the amount of detail available from clearly seeing things such as visitors’ traffic patterns and the top downloaded files, but for some reason I still cannot get it to work with my WordPress websites.